Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Dreaded Synopsis

All I can say is, I was warned. But after countless days of attempting to write a synopsis, I'm about ready to give up writing altogether. Either that, or throw my computer out the window.
Seriously, it feels nearly impossible to condense my 350 plus page manuscript into two pages, DOUBLE SPACED (don't think that little detail hasn't caused me major grief).
So that's where I'm at. Trying to figure out what details are crucial and which ones I can leave out (and if they aren't important, then what are they doing in my manuscript anyway?), and how to possibly introduce all my characters, my voice, my story, and any subplots in two pages.
If anybody out there has any suggestions, I'd love to here them! Maybe even a suggestion on a book about writing a synopsis-- as long as it is only two pages, double spaced, and includes all the pertinent information...

No comments:

Post a Comment