Sunday, October 31, 2010

The craft, and what I'm reading now

I'm learning that a large part of good writing is reading... lots and lots of reading.  So I've sort of set an informal goal (a little more formal now that I'm putting it in writing) that for every novel I read I will also read one book about the craft of writing.  Books about writing books-- it seems rather self-perpetuating.  Luckily, those who write about writing usually know what they're talking about-- and they know how to express it because, well, they're writers.  
So here's what I'm reading now:
"The Eye of the World" by Robert Jordan
"Writing Science Fiction and Fantasy" by Orson Scott Card (I'm a huge fan of Orson Scott Card.  Anything he writes-- fiction or non-fiction, is so well done).

No comments:

Post a Comment