Thursday, September 16, 2010

Like finding an anonymous Post-it note on your door that says, "I hate you"


Today I opened my email and, to my surprise, got a rejection letter.  It wasn't even signed by an agency or publisher-- just "the editors."

Since I haven't sent out a submission in over four months, I'm a little baffled at who could have sent it.   Most authors say that they usually had at least one "practice" manuscript when they began writing.  The first attempt is rarely ever great.  So I put this project to bed and chalked the whole thing up as experience a long time ago.

I can't tell you how glad I am to learn that it can still come back to haunt me.  I'll have to remember that next time I'm feeling particularly excited about my writing, or I'm just having too good of a day...

No comments:

Post a Comment