Friday, July 30, 2010

Lesson Learned!

I'm at a writing retreat right now, and last night a couple published authors were talking about bad reviews they'd received. They must've talked for ten minutes about how insulting it is to be called a "beach read."

Gulp.

I'm pretty sure I've used that term for a few of my reviews. And I'm pretty sure some of the books were by people I know. The sad thing is that I thought I was saying something good. I mean, when I think of lying on beach, listening to the waves, soaking up the sun, there is nothing I like more than a book that draws my undivided attention. Because that, my friends, is the ONLY time that my attention can truly be undivided. So of course, this has only happened a few times in my life...

Anyway, to any of you authors who happen to read this blog (and that means all of you, because I can only assume my blog review, which will be viewed by only a handful of people, is probably the most important one you'll receive), just know that if you made my blog, I like your book and I think it's worth reviewing.

Even if I say that it that it's good to read while doing other mundane tasks (and if you ever read my blog, Sarah, you'll know I'm talking about you)...

No comments:

Post a Comment