Tuesday, June 22, 2010

All Hail Orson Scott Card!

Okay, so I've been reading ALOT of books about writing lately. And they have seriously tainted the way I read novels. I've said this before, but it feels like when I read now, all I see are the blaring mistakes that authors make (never mind that I can't see these same problems in my own writing).
But every now and then, even now, I read a book that rises above the mental edits. Occasionally, I find a book so well written that it takes a concerted effort on my part to focus on the writing at all, because I'm so caught up in the story. That happened to me this week.
I have always been a fan of Orson Scott Card. But only recently have I realized what a great author he really is. I love his Ender's Game series, and all the spin offs that come from it. I highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for a good science fiction/fantasy series to read. Seriously excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment